Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Oversees Vegetation Management operations to ensure electric system
safety, reliability and regulatory compliance with state and federal
rules. Serves as a subject matter expert and provides guidance and
education or influence leaders in the industry on regulatory issues and
program strategies. Collaborates with customers and public entities to
monitor and manage vegetation proximity to PG&E assets to contribute to
system reliability and safety objectives.
Bachelor degree (forestry or related field) or equivalent experience
5+ years of related experience or equivalent
May be required to work extended hours during special projects. Travel
ISA Arborist/Utility Specialist certification
* Knowledge of forestry and/or utility vegetation management concepts,
methods and techniques.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent negotiation and collaboration skill, diplomacy and tact.
* Good organizational, time management, prioritization and planning
* Team collaboration skills.
* Good project and program management skills.
* Ability to assess and recommend based on strong technical knowledge.
* Adaptable to changing and evolving business processes
* Knowledge of current utility and energy industry. issues, trends and
political, economic and social issues affecting the program.
* Ability to work within an environment that is heavily dependent on
laws and regulations and knowledge of how to interpret and apply them.
* Understands the basic organizational structure and how to utilize
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Works independently to solve moderate to complex problems and takes
new perspectives on existing solutions, plans, and goals.
* Leads project teams.
* Provides direction on overall program plan and goals within a specific
functional area of operations. Delivers on the program implementation
* Develops new and ad-hoc reports, summarizes findings and
recommendations and provides business insight to various levels of
* Works with managers and directors across lines of business to
influence decisions and meet goals.
* Communicates complex ideas to diverse audiences (PG&E, other
utilities, public entities, community organizations, etc.), using a
variety of media. Provides guidance around complex industry regulatory
and compliance environment and considerations.
* Contributes to implementation and creation of new concepts, processes
and ideas to further VM program advancement.
* May participate in public hearings, legal proceedings or similar in
support of the subject matter expert; may be the subject matter expert.
* Develops budget forecasts and business cases. Conducts analysis in
support of identifying budget variances and solutions to address.
Oversees work of xxxxxxxcontractors.