JACOBS is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways Agency, National Contractors and Local Authorities. Our current portfolio of projects includes the A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon Improvement, M25 J30 Improvement, M1 Junction 19 Upgrading, A160/A180 Improvement at Immingham, M6 J16-19 Managed Motorway, M6 to Heysham Link and numerous term contracts with local authorities. And our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace. So would you like to be a member of our infrastructure centre of excellence based in Birmingham?
We currently have an opportunity within our Bridges team in Birmingham for you to make your mark and influence the continuing growth of Jacobs. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities
- Recently Chartered or approaching Chartered status
- Detailed knowledge of bridge analysis and design such that the candidate can work unsupervised.
- Experience in the design and assessment of reinforced concrete and steel bridges
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety, environmental and quality issues affecting bridge design.
- Familiarity with alternative forms of contract and contract procurement
- Experience of major road schemes and their statutory processes
- Experience of design and build projects
- Experience of construction supervision
As a Senior Bridge Engineer you will report to the Principal Engineer and your main responsibilities will include:
- Project management of small to medium sized bridge schemes
- Production of designs of large or complex bridges
- Production of feasibility studies, reports, cost estimates and contract documents.
- Monitoring fees and programmes, client liaison and working with other disciplines on multi-disciplinary schemes.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.