The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
We have a great opportunity to join our transportation group as a Junior level Project Controls Specialist.
This position would support various projects and project managers in an internal project controls capacity, located in Deerfield Beach, FL.
- Schedule, manage and prepare for monthly Project Review Process
- Assist project teams in development of project proposals and pricing
- Assist project teams with completion of project initiation documents and submit for approval
- Review contract terms & conditions and apply project control tools/principles to optimize financial outcome
- Facilitate WBS development with project team
- Setup, maintain and monitor project financials in our internal project controls system
- Establish and maintain work plans to forecast project financials and compare against budget including earned value analysis as required
- Initiate and process labor and AP transfers
- Assist with Invoice review
- Maintain contract change logs for prime and subcontracts
- Interact with Project Managers, Operations Management, Accounting Department, Staff, Client, and Sub-consultants
- Update and maintain various project-specific reports as needed
Local Candidates (Deerfield Beach FL) only.
- A minimum of 2-3 years' experience in the A/E/C industry required
- Must be local to the Deerfield, FL area
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, databases, and Outlook required
- Demonstrated understanding of Earned Value Management required
- Good verbal and written communication skills (including grammar, spelling) required
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Ability to prioritize work required
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks with minimal direction or supervision required
- Work expeditiously, and under time constraints required
- Very organized and detail oriented ability required
- Travel up to 40% required
- BA or BS, or related experience preferred
- Project scheduling experience preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.