JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Within our Transport Consultancy Business we have an opportunity for a highly experienced transport economist to take on responsibility for our transport assessment work for major clients such as Highways England, Transport Scotland, Network Rail and Transport for London.
The purpose of this role is to (1) secure work from clients, (2) provide technical leadership across the company and 3) ensure the delivery of high quality assessments compatible with standard transport assessment guidance.
Candidates should have relevant experience working in the public or private sectors and have a track record of delivering economic assessments and business cases for major highway projects. Good written and verbal communication skills and high levels of numeracy are essential.
The role is based in the UK at our London Bridge office but for the right candidate there is the possibility of being based in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Leeds or Manchester. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
- Ability to deliver high quality technical work to budget and timescale
- Experience in the delivery of transport business cases in the UK compliant with the DfT
- Good understanding of WebTAG's guidance for the appraisal practitioner and similar regional guidance including wider economic impacts and be experienced in applying it on a wide range of schemes
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Experience and competence in winning work and developing client relationships
- Good report and proposal writing skills
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide technical advice to clients and junior colleagues across the company
- Experience in on or more of the following softwares:
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.