The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Operates and maintains survey instruments and measuring devices to assist the Party Chief in completing different types of survey work assignments. Performs established procedures under limited supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Operates survey equipment (i.e., GPS receivers, Robotic and Conventional Instrumentation).
• Learns basic field calculations and procedures
• Progress to calculating angles and distances for points to be set;
• Oversees equipment by making sure it is safely loaded, unloaded, and stored each working day.
• Downloads and uploads data everyday under the Party Chief's direction
• Prepares supplies needed for a survey job.
• Makes copies of field notes and reports.
• Keeps survey vehicles clean and organized and in proper working order.
• Prepare daily time sheets, data logs, expense reports and field change orders.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Party Chief
• Specialized vocational training or degree in Survey Technology is preferred
• Computer literate in Windows, Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel is preferred
• At least 2 years of survey work experience preferred but not required
• Experience using Trimble equipment and software products preferred
• Ability to operate, adjust and maintain assigned equipment, i.e. GPS Equipment, levels, conventional survey equipment, and calculators is required
• Must be willing to travel to multiple office locations, project locations, and travel for out of town work as needed
• Must have valid driver's license