The Principal Project Manager plans, directs, leads, and coordinates activities of designated projects (large in scope)to ensure that goals and/or objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Responsible for completing projects under or on-budget and on-schedule. Ability to lead a project team. Develops subcontract and procurement documentation, including scope of work, equipment/material lists, and specifications. Negotiates subcontract and procurement terms and conditions with assistance from senior personnel and legal counsel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manages/leads the following aspects of Project Management Support:
- Shop drawings, submittals, and engineering calculations review and approval
- Change order development and processing
- Requests for Information (RFI's) responses
- Project progress, scheduling and invoicing tracking
- Financial planning and cost forecasting/scheduling
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals/objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Develops and reviews project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scope of work, standards and quotes from suppliers
- Supervises and tightly controls project implementation
- Closely monitors and controls projects to maintain the highest levels of Safety at all times
- Manages all parties involved (internal and external) and ensures professional project management from system design through construction and close-out phases
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related engineering discipline (e.g., electrical, mechanical, environmental), and 7 years of related work experience in construction management or project management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid Massachusetts Unrestricted Construction Supervisor's License (CSL).
- Must possess, at minimum, OSHA 10, but preferably OSHA 30, certification.
- Experience in handling high stress situations where tact and cooperation are crucial to cost-effective operation.
- Experience at preparing estimates and value engineering.
- Experience in directing, supervising, training employees, assigning and directing work, conducting performance appraisals, disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving personnel problems.
- Experience in all fiscal aspects of project management.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- All candidates must have the ability to professionally speak, read and write English
- Excellent understanding of engineering and construction documents and processes
- Expertise in engineering and construction methodology and the associated financial aspects. A PMP credential is preferred.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of cost estimating and budget projections
- Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of problems, often simultaneously
- Ability to review schematic drawings and understand mechanical, electrical, plumbing and architectural plans and specifications
- Working knowledge and practical experience dealing with Distributed Generation and Micro-grid products, such as Solar, CHP, Fuel Cell, Back-up Generation, Battery Storage and CNG.