CH2M are looking for a Senior Proposal Coordinator or a Proposal Manager to join their Inside Sales team based out of Hammersmith, London.
CH2M's Client Solutions and Sales (CS&S) group provides company-level leadership for global sales and our strategy to drive sales growth, effectiveness, and efficiency. With over 300 people around the world, we use our win strategy development, sales process management, co-ordination, writing, editing, graphic design, layout and production expertise to produce high quality proposal documents for our clients. The successful candidate will join our existing team in our office in Hammersmith, London.
The Senior Proposal Co-ordinator/Proposal Manager works on or leads a wide range of proposal submissions, including questionnaires, prequalification documents and tenders. As part of a team which includes technical Sales Managers and other specialists, she or he works across all sectors to tight deadlines with minimal direction. She or he implements the winning strategy, and owns the logistics of the sales process and proposal production (document processing, design/graphics, editing, production, delivery).
The purpose of this role is to ensure consistently high quality and improve our win rate. The role requires experience in and a thorough understanding of the sales/business development environment and the proposal process.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- With minimal supervision, leads or co-ordinates medium to large strategic proposals, including production
- Co-ordinates or manages all facets of the proposal development process to keep every part of the proposal organised
- Meets milestone deadlines with tight time-scales
- Researches, collates and compiles relevant information
- Leads and assigns tasks including writing and graphics; writes non-technical content; manages proposal schedule and production team budget; challenges non-compliance
- Sets up or facilitates meetings, presentations and reviews
- Applies sales themes/messages throughout submittal, and writes or tailors project descriptions and CVs
- Leads presentation development and coaching
- Ensures clear communication within the team, and manages SharePoint site, emails, file management and client documentation
- Serves as main point of contact for partners or subcontractors, and responds to queries
- Tracks development of the process, including meeting client requirements, schedule, and internal budgets; communicates and solves issues and variances
- Takes responsibility for quality standards and brand compliance, and ensures compliance with capture plan strategies and client requirements
- Develops a deep understanding of the company organisation and specific sectors, and builds strong relationships across the business
- Identifies innovative solutions to solve challenges, applies lessons learned, shares best practice and proactively identifies ways to improve processes and tools
- Populates and updates appropriate sales/BD tools and systems, and undertakes related administrative duties
- Bachelor's Degree in English or related field, or equivalent experience; a proven background in a similar role, and/or experience at prerequisite level
- Excellent English communication skills, and effective listening skills
- Proven skills in writing, editing and proofreading
- Extensive experience of managing proposals, including developing winning proposal themes
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt quickly to changes under extreme pressure; meticulous attention to detail, proven organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Good interpersonal skills, and willingness to take personal responsibility
- Self-motivated, proactive team player able to develop strategic solutions
- Ability to work flexible hours at times to accommodate deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and other applicable software
- Knowledge and understanding of companies similar to CH2M is desirable
This role requires occasional travelThe ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Certification with Association of Proposal Management Professionals (or similar) is desirable
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M.
Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location CH2M, London
View on Google maps