ABB provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world's most asset intensive industries such as energy, utilities and mining solve their biggest challenges, from plant level, regional network scale, to global fleet-wide operations. Currently we are looking for a candidate to work in our growing Software Development Center in Krakow. Do you want to develop in an international environment? Does the idea of monitoring and improving our infrastructure for multiple systems sound exciting to you? If yes, our offer is worth your attention!
• Develop and document the continuous deployment build and release process;
• Build, operate, and maintain the Continuous Delivery tool chain, in particular TFS, to achieve reliable and stable releases;
• Continuously improve the Continuous Delivery tool chain and associated processes towards more automation and shorter turn-around times;
• Administrate servers on a daily basis;
• Interact with various global product teams to meet their specific needs;
• Troubleshoot build and release issues;
• Develop and extend dashboard solutions;
• Advise development teams on software configuration management/branching and test automation strategies;
• Explore, learn, propose and implement new technologies.
• Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in computer science, information sciences or a related field;
• 4+ years of hands-on implementation experience with software configuration management. Preferred:
- TFS, MS Build (vNext), NuGet;
- unit testing frameworks for C++ and C#;
- static analysis tools (Sonarqube , Klocwork);
- SPLA variant management tools (Pure::Variants, Gears);
- installers/packagers, provisioning tools;
- virtualization, distributed based build and testing systems;
(similar experience is also acceptable).
• A broad and up-to-date background on build system technology and software engineering in general;
• Familiarity with Windows and Linux based systems and technologies as well as system administration;
• Scripting skills and passion to automate software engineering tasks;
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills in English to explain and document your ideas and plans for different audiences;
• Creativity to find innovative and realistic solutions to the challenges;
• Programming skills are a plus;
• Prior exposure to embedded system development is a plus;
• Prior exposure to configuration of releases from software product line architectures is a plus;
• Knowledge of Reporting Services is a plus;
• Experience in working in a globally distributed team is a plus.