Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world's energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
- Minimum of five years' experience in project execution and development including land acquisition, project entitlement, power sales, project finance, asset management and transmission interconnection processes
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in utility-scale power generation project development
- Prior experience negotiating complex agreements (e.g. land agreements, joint development agreements, purchase and sale agreements, Power Purchase Agreements, or similar)
- Prior experience executing complex projects including producing schedules and budget, managing a team of subject matter experts, and reporting up to management regularly on progress
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office; specifically Excel, Word, Power Point, Project and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree is required (focus in Engineering, Business or Science preferred)
- MBA or other Master's degree is a plus
Required Skills :
- Strong project management skills and leadership experience
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and juggle competing deadlines effectively
- Self-starter who thrives in ambiguity
- Proven detail oriented person, well organized with excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Project
- An understanding of real estate acquisition contract terms, power purchase agreements, interconnection agreements and EPC contract terms and conditions
- Strong analytical and commercial skills
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
- Exposure to the renewable energy business
- Must be able to travel as required
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Define and execute individual project strategies
- Support the development of project pro formas and pricing
- Identify, assess and acquire potential solar project sites
- Establish and maintain various development databases
- Negotiate with and manage consultants and development subcontractors
- Manage the acquisition of options, leases and easements with landowners
- Manage the preliminary project design
- Work with project permitting
- Represent the company at public meetings about projects
- Monitor regulatory requirements for solar projects
- Ensure adherence to quality and environmental regulations
- Identify and evaluate commercial opportunities
- Prepare commercial offers including offer letters and bid responses
- Assist in commercial negotiations of power purchase agreements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position also requires the ability and willingness to travel by automobile, train and airline, both domestic and international.
- Will sit and stand for long periods of time during the day.
- Will walk, climb stairs and on equipment.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist
- May lift up to 25 lbs.
- Required to use hands to finger, lift, handle, carry or feel objects.
- May stoop, kneel, bend, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities are required.
Land Acquisition, Development and/or Transmission Application Processes, Power Project Development-
Bachelor of Engineering (Required)-
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.