Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world's energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
- 5 years minimum experience in transmission planning or generation interconnection related activities. Ten years preferred.
- BS in engineering, advanced degree preferred
Required Skills :
- Understanding of the generation interconnection processs and requirements
- Understanding of transmission system planning and operation
- Strong collaboration and problem solving skills
- Establishes strong working relationships with utilities, ISOs and industry representatives.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Understand the needs and requirements of utilities for integrating large penetrations of solar PV development.
- Provide guidance and technical support for resolution of technical issues that arise from grid connected solar photovoltaic farms such as large scale renewable generation integration, resource variability, voltage regulation, system disturbance ride through, and resource capacity counting.
- Manage relationships with utilities, ISOs, industry groups, regulators and other stakeholders across various southwest geographic areas (California, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico) on technical issues such as renewable integration, interconnection requirements, and ancillary services
- Represent First Solar in external stakeholder forums on transmission expansion and renewable generation integration issues to guide those forums toward plans that accommodate solar PV development
- Influence the development of grid codes and transmission expansion plans to accommodate the emerging solar PV industry
- Build coalitions among the industry group
- Support Government Affairs on the development of renewable policy
- As needed, guide First Solar projects through the interconnection process.
- Manage external consultants
Transmission planning or generation interconnection-
Bachelor of Engineering (Required)-
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.