Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world's energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Job Title: Technician - Field II O&M
Reports To: Manager - PV Plant O&M
Job Status: Nonexempt
Basic Job Functions:
Directly responsible for a variety of field service functions including, but not limited to, commissioning, testing, inspecting, trouble-shooting, repairing, and modifying solar photovoltaic systems. Additionally, this position is responsible for the supervision of contractors to ensure safe, high quality and timely performance of maintenance activities in the field. This position will act as the primary responder to customer service calls or automated service calls generated by remote alarm notification systems, and will be on-call 24/7. Position requires familiarity with both AC and DC systems, including inverters, switchgear, transformers, batteries, power meters, computer monitoring systems, associated sensors, PV modules, and PV arrays.
- 5 years' experience in a related position.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- College degree preferred.
- NABCEP certification a plus.
- Electrical Journeyman or equivalent experience.
- Ability to oversee contractors in the field and ensure safety, quality and schedule adherence.
- Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, and conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to work comfortably in potentially remote field conditions and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work in difficult customer situations.
- Available for 24-hour on-call duty to meet customer requirements.
- Experience using a CMMS system for maintenance tracking (Maximo Preferred).
- Experience using electronic control systems preferred.
- Experience reading Electrical schematics and prints.
- Proven computer skills in a Windows environment (Microsoft Office Products).
- Highly experienced in using and understanding testing and diagnostic equipment (multi-meter, oscilloscope, etc.).
- Must have a strong Safety background with experience in Lockout Tag out and Job Hazard Analysis.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Directly responsible for a variety of field start-up and commissioning functions on all components of the PV system including but not limited to execution of pre-commissioning protocols, commissioning protocols, acceptance tests, and customer training.
- The Power Plant Field Technician II must keep current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products correctly and efficiently.
- Work independently while using CMMS program completing corrective and preventative maintenance while maintaining schedule compliance and documenting daily activities. Such as but not limited to OEM recommended service, facility cleanup, equipment checks and repairs.
- Perform required safety orientations and Job Briefs for all Visitors and Contractor prior to allowing access to facility.
- Communicate with and instruct others.
- Develop a working knowledge of site environmental requirements and be proactive in compliance to regulations and preventing and/or responding to events.
- Stay current in required safety and environmental training and adhere to all safety, environmental and work rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
- This position will report to the Manger of PV Plant O&M.
- This position will not have direct reports.
- 2-4 weeks of travel may be required each year.
US Physical Requirements:
Project Site (non-craft) Requirements:
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift.
- Will climb stairs on an occasional basis.
- Will lift, push or pull up to 27 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required.
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis.
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards).
Bachelors, Diploma or GED (Required)-
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.