Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world's energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Job Title: Manager, Corporate Training & Development
Reports To: Director, Organizational Development & Training
Job Status: Exempt (Salaried)
Basic Job Functions:
First Solar is seeking a Manager, Corporate Training & Development. The right person will have the ability to effectively deliver training globally through technology. Regularly employing integrative thinking to deliver training solutions, and always supporting training with impactful communications to the organization, this person will have the ability to work across the HR organization. This person will deliver content globally through instructor led virtual training, vendor relationships, on-demand content libraries and train-the-trainer toolkits. The right candidate will be very creative and adaptive to changing business demands and thrives in a very fast paced, results driven organization.
Position has one direct report.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience in training and development
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in delivering on-demand or virtual training through technology (WebEx, eLearning, Sharepoint, MOOC)
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage heavy workload.
- Adaptive to changing business demands and thrives in a very fast paced, results driven organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in launching an LMS, designing pages in Sharepoint or other intranet portal.
- Strong project management skills are essential
- Ability to deliver training through a variety of mediums to associates at all levels in the organization
- Preferred experience with training charge-backs (or cost reallocation to learners)
- BA or BS in Education, Business, Human Resources, or other related field
- Masters degree preferred
- Determine leadership training needs and provide solutions to support the development of newly hired and promoted managers and hi-potential managers who demonstrate the capability to advance in the organization.
- Provide targeted communications on HR initiatives and invite associates to training. This includes the writing the HR News, Training Menu and keeping the HR Intranet (SharePoint) up-to-date with information. The goal of the communication is to train and inform associates through various platforms and also increase attendance rates.
- Ensure HR Intranet training content is relevant, fresh and well managed.
- Increase availability of eLearning to our global associates. This includes: Maintaining a relationship with BizLibrary, our soft skills vendor; investigating a replacement LMS, and maintaining and promoting our cultural online library, GlobeSmart.
- Facilitate the planning and delivery of training programs and strategies jointly with HR and other internal stakeholders. This includes facilitation of classroom and virtual sessions of our core HR classes, including First Solar's hiring process, behavioral based interviewing, and our performance management process.
- Coordinates outsourced training with vendor agreements.
- Training & Development Specialist (Virtual Methods)
- 5-10% Travel required - some internationally
US Physical Requirements:
Office Physical Requirements:
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. First Solar is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
on-demand/virtual training, Training and Development-
Bachelors (Required), Masters-
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.