Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world's energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions :
- Assist in the continued development and refinement of plant maintenance estimation costing models using a variety of published industry data, MTBF, MTTF and MTTR estimates, equipment vender cost estimates, warranties, and plant equipment histories.
- Continuously compare actual plant equipment and labor costs and failure data to costing models to validate or refine O&M department estimates regarding reliability and cost of maintaining PV solar plants.
- Collaborate with multiple departments in evaluating new equipment designs, vender selections, and life cycle cost estimates.
- Evaluate equipment failures and recommend changes to work practices or design as necessary to improve equipment reliability.
- Assist management in developing accurate non-standard reports/queries of data in the EAM database (Maximo), to provide optimized, well organized, clear, and concise reports used in the review and development of budget estimating and validation, current and future labor needs, spare parts requirements, and any other analysis or development needs.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems continuously, to identify opportunities for improvement. Provide feedback to engineering via engineering design chance request process and monitor status of design changes.
- Provide direction and training as required.
- Supervise and manage Engineer levels I and II
- Training and development of Engineer levels I and II
- Provides leadership and direction in all areas of the power plant equipment.
- Communicates regularly with management, maintenance supervisors, and technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure excellent two-way communication concerning equipment issues, design, and failure analysis.
- Manage multiple projects and contractors through to completion.
- A minimum of 15 years electrical engineering experience within utility or IPP energy industry or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of AC and DC electrical theory and application
- Advanced knowledge of power inverters and transformers along with common failures and testing
- Expert knowledge of maintenance practices including RCM and TPM and have the ability to advocate changes in maintenance process and / or equipment design
- Demonstrated understanding of power plant maintenance and complex analysis/reporting
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience (Preference - Electrical, Power Generation or Electronics)
Required Skills :
- Broad troubleshooting and analysis abilities with electrical/electronic equipment.
- Root cause failure analysis and reporting.
- Proficient modeling skills in the use of queries, databases, word processors, and spreadsheets for extracting, analyzing, and reporting critical information.
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of commitment to the customer's success.
- Ability to share technical expertise with team members and the customer.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and direct the activities of multiple complex projects.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Analyze equipment failures, oversee, develop and implement long term solutions
- Review and monitor site preventative maintenance programs and recommend improvements.
- Work closely with engineering concerning equipment designs for current and new sites.
- Work closely with Quality control and vendors in the resolutions of equipment issues.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and ensure safety, quality and schedule adherence.
- Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others
- Ability to work in difficult situations
- Available for 24-hour on-call duty to meet customer requirements
- May be required to travel regularly to the remote sites and other locations for equipment troubleshooting, testing, training, factory acceptance testing, etc.
- Will sit and stand periodically during the day
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Will walk and climb stairs
- Will reach over shoulder heights and below waist
- Required to use hands to lift, handle, carry or feel
- May be required to kneel, bend, talk and hear
- Specific vision abilities are required
Bachelors: Engineering (Required)-
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.