Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world's energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
Directly responsible for the supervision of all site O&M personnel, contractors, and activities. Will have responsibility for understanding and meeting all contract requirements for site activities. This position will act as the primary responder to customer service calls or automated service calls generated by remote alarm notification systems, and will be on-call 24/7. This is a working supervisor position and requires familiarity with both AC and DC systems, including inverters, switchgear, transformers, batteries, power meters, computer monitoring systems, associated sensors, PV modules, and PV arrays. Directly responsible for a variety of field start-up and commissioning functions on all components of the PV system including but not limited to execution of pre-commissioning protocols, commissioning protocols, acceptance tests, associate and customer training. The Power Plant Field Technician III must keep current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
• 5-10 years of experience in a related position
• 2 years supervisory experience
• Must have New Mexico EL-1J and EE-98J Journeyman's licenses or equivilant reciprical certifications from another state.
• College degree preferred
• NABCEP certification a plus
• Ability to supervise associates and contractors in the field and ensure safety, quality and schedule adherence.
• Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others
• Ability to work comfortably in potentially remote field conditions and manage multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to work in difficult customer situations
• Available for 24-hour on-call duty to meet customer requirements
• Must be a certified Electerical Journeyman
• Proven computer skills in a Windows environment (Microsoft Office Products)
• Experience using a CMMS system for maintenance tracking (Maximo Prefered)
• Experience using electronic control systems preferred
• Highly experienced in using and understading testing and diagnostic equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
Bachelor of Engineering (Required)-
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.