The Jacobs Software Engineering Center is a premier provider of process-based systems and software engineering products and services. We focus on innovative solutions for our customers at the Department of Defense (DOD) and other Government organizations. We create cutting edge software applications for military aircraft that are used by the U.S. Air Force, Marines, Army, Navy and the Coast Guard. Our software supports mission critical needs of our defense forces.
Our Nashua, New Hampshire location is growing and needs innovative and solutions-oriented software engineers who are interested in jump starting their careers. Candidate's duties & responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following;
- Work with development teams in all phases of the software development life cycle to build applications used by military pilots and mission planners.
- Participate in architectural software design decisions and assist in the development of requirements related documentation.
- Interface with in-house Subject Matter Experts, many of whom are former pilots and navigators.
- Create and maintain applicable Software Design Plans, Software Development Plans, Unit Test Plans, Test Scripts with Test Data, for each appropriate application.
- Learn what it takes to create great software that lives depend on.
In addition to software engineering activities, provide support for the preparation (including briefings, metrics and status reports) and attendance of technical and managerial meetings and reviews as well as any other travel activities specified by the program.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and (0) years related work experience,
- Working knowledge of computer programming with direct experience with Visual Studio or other IDEs, C#, Java, C++, .NET, Windows or other development experience.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Work involves an inside office environment/cubicle. Independent transportation necessary to support work requirements and to arrive at work site. No hazards on job site or any unusual environmental condition exists.
Work is primarily sedentary. Some walking and standing may occur in the course of a normal workday in connection with travel to and from meetings and conferences. May carry light items, such as reports, data products, notebooks and laptops.
Equipment and Machines:
Personal computer (75%), scanner (5%), copy machine (5%), telephone (5%), laser printer (5%), fax
machine (2%), and other office equipment including desk supplies.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential. Must be able to work within the shift hours of 6am and 6pm.
Other Essential Functions:
1) Work may require occasional travel.
2) Must be able to obtain a security clearance
3) Must communicate effectively across multiple levels
4) Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to feedback from a supervisor.