The primary function for this position will be to accurately record and settle all third party and inter-company energy commodity transactions including pricing and volumetric verification. Provide supporting documentation for monthly financial close and financial planning and analysis processes. Identifies settlement discrepancies and works with customers, schedulers and traders to resolve data issues in a timely and accurate manner. Assist in the actualization of physical and financial contract movements and their related costs. Processes all invoices for energy sales, reconciles brokerage data for invoicing purposes and checks balancing invoices to identify any penalties or imbalance charges. Perform the timely forecasting, processing, reconciliation, and exception reporting of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities:
Daily trade verification and position settlement with trading counterparties, including discrepancy tracking and resolution, to ensure an accurate Daily Profit Statement.
Validate and reconcile all energy commodity transaction data for regional owned and contracted units used in the accurate reporting to external government agencies, Independent System Operators, and Power Marketing groups.
Accurate and timely invoicing of counterparties for all commodities.
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable forecasting, processing, reconciliation, and exception reporting.
Provide support for other Operations, Risk, Financial Accounting, FP&A and Power Marketing activities.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field.
- Minimum 0 - 2 years of experience in a business related position
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Ability to use spreadsheet applications and learn other specialized software products
- Ability to work closely with peers in a teamwork environment.
- Prior industry experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in Financial Accounting or Financial Statements.