Do you have a helicopter view and are you continuously seeking improvements? Are you good at managing people and do you have experience in a production environment? As a manager, do you have a clear vision on how to set up an efficient production environment? In this role, you will be building, forging and optimizing. Are you a born coach with an eye for quality, who can flawlessly integrate improvements and changes within ABB? Are you ready for a new challenge? Then come and strengthen our Turbocharger department! ABB Turbochargers, with its headquarters in Baden, Switzerland, is one of the departments within the Process Automation division. This business unit is responsible for the sales, engineering and service of the systems supplied by ABB to ships, off-shore and land installations. Within the Turbochargers department in Rotterdam (Waalhaven location), an opening has become available for the position of: Production Manager
In this position, you will be responsible for the operational tasks in the workplace. The turbochargers are reconditioned in this workplace. Additionally, spare parts are also repaired and replaced. These re-conditioning activities will progressively become a more significant portion of the activities.
As a Production Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing the production environment and have it function at an optimal level.
- In doing so, you will monitor efficiency, quantity, quality, costs and delivery reliability.
- Ensuring a safe work environment. Enforcing a good Working Conditions and Safety policy in which talent development, absenteeism, order & tidiness and a good working atmosphere are important.
- Managing a small team. Ensuring the development of your employees and creating the conditions so that they can function at the best of their abilities.
In this position, you will report to the Business Unit Manager. Eventually, you could also become part of the Management Team.
We are looking for someone who fits the following profile:
- Higher education or university-level education, with an affinity to the work floor.
- Proven leadership experience as a manager in a production environment.
- You have experience with starting up new production processes.
- Knowledge of World Class Manufacturing or comparable continuous improvement processes, such as Six Sigma or Lean.
- You have a strong knowledge of quality systems and possess analytical and technical insight.
- You are responsible for the production environment's financial results.
- You have a strong personality, many ideas and are capable of developing a vision and translating it into long-term structures, procedures and improvement processes. You enjoy making a contribution where strategy, tactics and operations are concerned.
- Your style of leadership is open and aimed at making people self-sufficient. You are capable of motivating people and guiding them through (cultural) changes.
- A good command of both oral and written Dutch and English is required.
- Experience with MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is a prerequisite.