Top level technical expert and visionary responsible for the development of strategy, design and implementation of an assigned technology or for the network or infrastructure components to support that strategy. Produces documented frameworks, architectures and plans which describe how to manage the implementation and integration of a technical environment.
Designs and implements database environments by employing appropriate technology that would ensure the highest levels of data availability. Analyzes business process and practices in an effort to drive the design and implementation of information technology database solutions that meet customer needs and business initiatives. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Possesses a solutions-oriented approach and high work ethic with excellent communication and process management skills.
Primary Job Functions:
1. Drive the development and communication of long-term strategic goals for the database environments to meet existing and future business needs.
2. Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones to take advantage of new technologies.
3. Install and configure relevant database network components to ensure access as well as database consistency and integrity.
4. Drive the development of policies and procedures by utilizing best practices and technologies to maximize database performance and efficiency.
5. Work with application development staff to establish appropriate end-user database access control levels and develop routines for end-users to facilitate best practices database use.
6. Engage in effective physical data storage allocation and usage to facilitate the data growth as well as resource consumption.
7. Increase and enhance existing knowledge base with the database group by conducting researches and training to make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
8. Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
9. Promote efficient data migration processes to meet various business needs for data.
10. Advocate the adoption of database security policies to prevent un-authorized access to business data.
Effective Written and Verbal Communications
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Exp:Required;Experience:5 years;