Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas.
Lawyer (f/m) for legal support in South-Africa - Johannesburg
Legal & Contracting Department - Vestas Central Europe
The Legal Department consists of 18 team-members and is represented in Germany (Hamburg and Husum), Austria (Vienna), The Netherlands (Arnhem) and South-Africa (Johannesburg). The legal support is provided for the German speaking countries, Benelux, Eastern Europe and Balkan-countries, as well as the Southern and South-Eastern part of Africa. The Legal Department is part of Vestas Wind Systems A/S in Denmark and consists of more than 100 highly motivated colleagues worldwide.
- Legally supporting international Sales- and Service-Teams in the existing market of South-Africa and new markets of Southern and South-Eastern Africa in drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts for the Sale and Service of Vestas wind-turbines and bringing innovative solutions when needed and advice, demanded or unsolicited, about strategies
- Responsible together with the Sales-and Service-Teams for being compliant with requirements set by agreements and respective applicable national legislation and with the company- internal processes and Vestas group guidelines
- Analyze complex legal cases, including risk-assessment and elaborate on solutions for risk mitigation
- Assigning, managing and cooperating with well-established law-firms in the local markets
- Controlling and reporting to management
- Bachelor of Laws degree and Admitted Attorney in South-Africa or Master's degree in South-Africa
- Several years of experience in an international environment in a law firm or in an international in-house legal department
- Special legal expertise in contract law, construction law, energy law and/or corporate law
- Experience in negotiating agreements
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in writing and speaking
- Pro-active and positive attitude and able to cope with unexpected situations
- Solution- and result-oriented
- Willingness to travel
What we offer:
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, high performing and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
Please apply online.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.