We are seeking a Tax Professional to join the income tax compliance team. This professional will have several key responsibilities including: (1) preparation of federal and state income tax returns primarily focused on the Competitive business; (2) work closely with the Tax Accounting team to provide assistance in the tax provision and tax depreciation areas, and (3) working closely with Information Management to continue to streamline processes related to tax return calculations. This position will help ensure that NextEra Energy, Inc. remains "Best in Class" with regard to the quality and efficiency of our income tax compliance process.
Working under the direction of a Tax Project Manager, this position will be responsible for the calculations of book/tax differences for our non-regulated Competitive business. The successful candidate will work closely with multiple business units within the organization in order to gather data to calculate differences. Candidate will prepare related federal and state tax returns, including unitary returns, for the consolidated group. Candidate will also be responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements. In addition, candidate will help support federal and state income tax audits under the supervision of the Tax Director and Tax Project Managers of the Controversy team. Extended Hours may be necessary periodically.
Sr. Tax Analyst
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related degree, plus 5 years of income tax compliance experience required
• Will consider 4 or more years tax related experience with a designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Masters degree in Tax and/or Accounting
- Well-developed technical skills with an ability to identify and document both issues and proposed resolutions
- Proficient oral and written business communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing workload
- Ability to perform analysis on data and utilize analysis to make tax technical and business decisions
- Strong computer skills with a focus on both analytical and research tools
- Desire to seek new and challenging tasks - self-starter mentality
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelor's - Acct / Finance:Required;Experience:5 years;