Engineer I - Nuclear (Procurement Engineering) Summary Description
(purposely maintained generic and consistent with the Engineer I position in Nuclear): This position performs advanced engineering tasks that require extensive analysis of alternatives and includes responsibilities for technical decisions associated with important or complex projects to support the business plan. Performs engineering, root cause analysis, develop associated cost effective countermeasures, and provide expert advice for system malfunctions affecting the ability of business unit assets to meet their objectives. Assures designs meet federal/state/local/regulatory codes and standards, and operability, reliability, and cost targets. Directs and oversees major projects from inception though construction and final closeout documentation. Key minimum responsibilities include
- Provide consistency in application and standardization for procurement engineering evaluations/reviews including classifications, commercial grade dedications, item equivalency evaluations and material analysis wherever possible and appropriate
- Ensure procured material and services meet the Design Basis by developing and specifying technical and quality procurement Requirements; consult with Design Engineers to ensure that like for like replacements are specified as appropriate in alignment with the design basis for the plant
- Establish material safety classifications and quality levels by researching design and regulatory documents
- Establish procurement methodology including developing Commercial Grade Dedication
- Establish procurement engineering documents which result in accurate technical and quality information supporting proper procurement and cost savings where appropriate
- Maintain plant configuration utilizing or initiating appropriate change document (item equivalency or design change)
- Perform responsibilities with supervisor oversight
- Support Nuclear Corrective Action Program
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering is required
- Master's Engineering or other Sciences desirable
- *Five (5 ) or more years of engineering or related experience is required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Electrical degree highly preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred.
- PE may substitute for BS degree.
- Nuclear industry experience is preferred.
- Electronic, electrical or I&C experience highly preferred
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelor's - Engineering:Required;Experience:5 years;