FPLES is a subsidiary of NextEra Energy, the parent company of Florida Power and Light. NextEra has 13,900 employees and 2013 revenues that totaled approximately $15.1 billion. NextEra is ranked first among Fortune's most admired electric and gas companies and has one of the largest renewable energy portfolios in the United States. FPLES provides services to customers throughout Florida including surge protection technology, retail natural gas, commercial lighting, and residential home services.
Job Purpose: The Position is responsible for general home electrical work including, but not limited to diagnosing, repairing, and installing electrical wiring, lighting, fixtures, motors, and electrical panels for residential customers. The employee will assist FPLES customers in addressing electrical service needs inside the home. This position will be servicing the Dade County area
. The applicant must have the ability to read electrical, logic and control wiring diagrams and be knowledgeable about electrical systems repair. The position will also train and oversee Associate (helper) electricians.
Ideal candidates possess the following characteristics:
- Embrace a customer service mindset, including putting timely customer response first.
- Provide high quality work product.
- Focus on teamwork.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Value diversity.
- Conduct work in a clean, neat, and professional manner.
- Dade County and Bilingual Spanish is preferred
Primary (Essential) Job Functions:
- Safely install and repair residential electrical equipment.
- Safely operate an FPLES motor vehicle.
- Ensure appropriate documentation, invoicing, and payment processing is completed for customer jobs in a timely manner.
- Accurately, safely, and appropriately use voltmeters, ohmmeters, wiring diagrams, blueprints, and tools.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide high quality customer services to FPLES customers.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED, and 3 years of electrical experience.
Valid Journeyman Electrician License. Technical school electrician training is a plus.
High School Grad / GED:Required;Experience:3 years;