This position is in the Oil and Hazardous Substances Section of the Corporate Environmental Services Department supporting utility and other company facilities.
Applicant must have ability to provide senior level environmental staff support as the Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan, Facility Response Plan (FRP) and above and underground storage tank program Subject Matter Expert (SME). Applicant must be able to prepare and PE Seal SPCC plans, permit applications and required remediation closure reports. Applicant must be able to provide engineering support for emergency response to substance releases, remediation and investigations.
Applicant must have ability to support multiple projects with multifaceted environmental and regulatory issues and ability to assist in comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews for potential acquisitions.
Must maintain current knowledge of pertinent national and state level environmental policies and regulations related to area of responsibility. Must have the ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers, other subject matter experts, and other stakeholders, federal, state and local agencies and be able to assist in resolving complex environmental matters. Must help ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations, as well as company policies.
Florida in state travel will be required. Occasional out of state travel may be required. The job location is Juno Beach, Florida. Primary (Essential) Job Functions:
(List is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary)
- Prepare, review and PE Seal SPCC Plans, FRP Plans, and remediation related plans and reports
- Project Planning, Budget and Schedule Management
- Strategic management and oversight of environmental remediation investigations, removal activities and closure actions.
- Negotiations with federal, state and local regulatory agencies
- Development/management of vendor contracts / purchase orders /invoices
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work extended hours
Bachelor's Degree is required. Bachelor's in Engineering (civil, environmental or chemical) is preferred. Master's degree is preferred. Five (5) or more years of relevant work experience is required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Florida
- Advanced knowledge of SPCC and storage tank environmental regulations
- Advanced ability with analysis, problem solving, and professional skills
- Advanced commercial skills, communications (written & verbal), integrity and compliance, leadership, and process/project management
- 40 hour HAZWOPER certification
- Incident Command System (ICS) training
- Working knowledge of the Florida Storage Tank Rules
- Working Knowledge of Florida Risk Based Corrective Action (RBCA) program
- Experience with electric utility generation and substation oil spill prevention control programs
Bachelor's Degree:Required;Experience:5 years;