The Area Operations Manager is responsible for the daily performance, maintenance and availability of a regional commercial network. Analyzes network and recommends upgrades/changes; assesses current and future network needs. Oversees the daily operations of network staff and records incidents and changes. Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 6 years of experience in the field or 8-10 years of experience in the field with the technical expertise in SONET and Ethernet. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures related to the industry. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks including but not limited to leading and directing the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to upper level management. The area Manager is responsible for
- Evaluations and distributing of the workload in support of multiple sites or facilities and is accountable for all results and network assets.
- Works closely with the Operations team to create and implement safety policies, interpret standards and works with Technical Services management team to implement processes/systems to address them.
- Works with both Inside Plant (ISP) and Outside Plant (OSP) engineering teams and the Network Operations center (NOC) to implement growth and maintain the network.
- Reports Budget to Actual variances on a monthly basis.
- Participates with Technical Services management team in researching, planning and implementing major initiatives of the division. May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Assigns tasks associated with the installation, acceptance and maintenance of a variety of Telecommunication equipment, Private Line and Ethernet Data Services.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
- Responsible for the outside plant network in a given geographic boundary, including metro and long haul fibers. Performs a wide spectrum of complex assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation and judgment. Assumes responsibility for contribution to the success of major or multiple projects, and is called upon to make decisions.
- Ensures all policies and approved methods are followed and used uniformly by all contractors.
- Prepares and reviews various documents including invoicing but not limited to data forms, central office and network records and other reports as needed.
- Oversees performance of buildings and grounds maintenance contracts, i.e., janitorial contract, parking lot maintenance, etc.
- Promotes and adheres to all safety policies and procedures, ensures staff has necessary licenses and certifications.
- Must demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and organizational skills and possess the ability to quickly learn corporate databases.
- Must be able to support the procedures for On-call 24x7, stand-by, calls out, dispatch, and overtime are required as dictated by the business.
- Researches and leads implementation of new technologies.
This job description is intended to be representative of the duties and expectations for this position, however, it should not be considered an all-inclusive list of tasks and/or activities. FiberNet may, in the course of operating the business, request the individual to perform other duties and/or tasks that are related to providing and maintaining service. Qualifications
- Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty with at least 6 years of experience in the field or 8 or more years of experience in the field with the technical expertise of a Tech III.
- Must have experience and a high degree of knowledge in all of the following major telecommunications disciplines: Transmission (DS1/DS3/SONET), Switching (circuit-switching/SS7), Ethernet (routers/higher-layer protocols), and Outside Plant (Fiber locating, OTDR, Fusion Splicing, etc...).
- Related experience in the Telecommunications Industry in the installation, maintenance and repair of network equipment and / or Outside Plant experience.
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge on systems/equipment deployed in FN. To include: retrieve status/alarms, query configuration, associate alarms with probable fault, and complex diagnostics.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, coaching, managerial, leadership skills, and is accountable for the work of assigned personnel.
- Must maintain site security, cleanliness, have strong PC skills and be well versed in Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Must be able to be on-call 24x7, stand-by, call out dispatches, and overtime are required as dictated by the business.
Bachelor's Degree:Required;Experience:7 years;