- Install, alter, inspect, calibrate, maintain and repair controls instruments, gauges, and meters involving electronics, mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic features installed in the plant and substation, including communications, data logging and computer equipment.
- Prepare and analyze test and equipment performance reports and keep operation and maintenance records; will advise concerning the care and operation of equipment, spare parts on hand and repair parts needed.
- Keep shift licensed Operating Engineers informed when working on equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable as to required reports, quality control, maintenance procedures, documentation and NRC requirements.
- Cooperate with the entire plant organization to insure safe, efficient and reliable performance.
- Operate a variety of hand tools, instruments, machines and equipment to close tolerance and fabricate minor repair parts.
- Perform his/her personal health physics coverage while conducting planning or walk-downs in high radiation areas or below.
- Assigned to plant security force and fire brigade which does not require handling of fire arms or explosives
Must meet one of the following options:
- Graduate of Navy Nuclear Training Program
- Completion of INPO Accredited program in the I&C area of specialization
- AS Degree in Electronics
- AS Degree that meets curriculum under ACAD xxxxxxxuniform curriculum
- Previous nuclear power I&C experience preferred.
If the candidate meets one of the above options and is selected for an interview then the candidate must pass the MASS (Mechanical Aptitude Selection System) test as part of the interview process.