: Work with the Engineering and Construction team to establish capital cost estimates for major projects including wind, solar, pipelines, battery storage, substation, transmission lines and interconnections ranging from lump sum estimates to order of magnitude studies. Individual must have knowledge of market pricing, and construction practices with a solid understanding of current market costs, craft productivity, and subcontractor cost. Candidate should also have good understanding of construction methods and construction practices. Key Responsibilities include
- Performing conceptual project designs to support capital cost estimating effort (e.g. road and collection layouts)
- Developing, monitoring and updating unit pricing and man-hour installation unit rates
- Developing, quantifying, costing to support a complete Capital Cost model to be used in NextEra's evaluation process
- Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives when appropriate.
- Coordinate and interface on a regular basis with other departments to ensure communication and understanding of proposal/project objectives and the most efficient and productive utilization of resources
- Provide technical guidance, estimating knowledge, market pricing, and staffing considerations for the NextEra Engineering and Construction estimating process
- Work with NextEra's Integrated Supply Chain Group to establish market pricing for material bulks and equipment
- Establish, build and implement metric's for cost and construction estimate checks
- Presenting estimates to key team members and leadership groups
- Candidate should have strong knowledge of project EPC functions and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, ArcGIS, X-map and advanced Google Earth functions.
- Must be flexible to changing priorities, with the ability to direct, motivate, and lead others while providing solutions to problems in a logical, expedient, and decisive manner.
- Must be able to prepare and understand comparisons and reconciliations to other projects (estimated, executing, or historical cost and quantity information) to ensure estimate confidence and accuracy. Presentation of the estimate in a timely, accurate, confident, professional, data based (Six Sigma) manner is the key to the success of the team and should be a strength of the Candidate.
- Coordinate with other departments such as finance, environmental, start-up, plant operations, business development, procurement, construction and project controls.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Building Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 7 years relevant experience
- Renewable energy experience
- Field construction experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Visio and Word
- Proficient with GIS software such as DeLorme XMAP and ArcGIS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Exp:Required;Experience:7 years;