Responsibilities Closing Process
- Understand and be able to prepare journal entries within assigned functional area.
- Meet all assigned closing deadlines as outlined in the close calendar.
- Identify and complete all tasks that can be performed prior to month end.
- Ensure proper reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Understand and able to prepare the daily cash needs for NextEra Energy Resources, LLC.
- Understand and be able to respond to all inquiries regarding cash or cash variances throughout the month.
- Identify and ensure compliance with all SOx processes impacting cash.
- Ensure timely response to auditor requests.
- Prove qualification to be a SOx process owner.
- Detailed knowledge of all banking requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Detailed knowledge of project's; key operational drivers and key accounting issues - Financing/Funding companies; Partnerships; Wholly-owned subsidiary's; Joint Ventures; Corporate entities; and PMI.
- Meet all assigned forecast deadlines.
- Identify and complete all tasks necessary to compile and analyze information necessary to prepare a daily cash forecast to NextEra Group Treasury.
- Work with numerous departments throughout the month to ensure accurate cash forecast.
- Timely communication of issues to Cash Management Supervisor.
- Present issues and topics to senior management as requested.
- Stay abreast of cash issues through regular discussions with:
- NextEra Group Treasury
- Business Management
- Project Controllers
- Regional Controllers
- Other groups as needed
- Prepare and review timely and accurate:
- Management reports
- Working Capital reports
- Support external NextEra Energy Resources, LLC and NextEra Inc. reporting.
- Have an understanding of foreign currency, exchange rates, and foreign markets.
- Identify and analyze all foreign accounts for accurate processing throughout the month.
- Work with other groups to coordinate foreign issues and manage project effectiveness.
- Proven ability to understand confidential topics (compensation, market data, etc.)
- Accept and perform special projects.
- Two year associate degree or Four year Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred
- Capable of reconciling and analyzing all cash and investments in the projects portfolio
High School Grad / GED:Required;Experience:3 years;