This position may be based at any of our power generation plants located throughout the state of Florida. The purpose of this posting is to ensure that prospective candidate complete all phases of our testing process to become eligible for in-person interviews. Once a candidate successfully completes all pre-testing requirements, they would then need to apply specifically to any individual job posting of interest.
Performs preventive maintenance to ensure proper functioning of plant equipment:
- 80% of the time - Operates and maintains watch standing duties on plant equipment
- 20% of the time - Performs maintenance and repair/replacement of plant mechanical equipment
- Candidates will be required to take and pass the MASS Test. Candidates will also be required to pass a Hands-On tested to demonstrate knowledge and craft skills
- Work Schedule: Rotating 12-hour shift, 28 day cycle with up to 7 consecutive days off
- Local Candidate Strongly Preferred
- Relocation Assistance is not provided
- Candidates will also be required to take and pass our pre-placement functional evaluation
Transmission Switching Certification:Yes;
- Mechanical apprenticeship, vocational certificate, military mechanical maintenance training or equivalent required.
- Proficient in mechanical skills and abilities relating to: pumps, gears, bearings, valves, lubrication, mechanical seals, pipe/tube fitting and welding, rigging, gaskets, torque, steam traps, gage glasses and precision instruments.
- Welding - Oxygen/Acetylene and Arc welding
- Two (2) years power plant, industrial or utility experience at journey-level preferred
Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed:Yes;Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval:Yes;