We are seeking a Tax Technology Professional to join the Tax Process and Technology team. This professional will have several key responsibilities including: (1) providing the administration and configuration of key software applications for the tax department; (2) assisting business unit customers with support, analysis, and troubleshooting related to the efficient operation of the tax software products, and (3) supporting system upgrade exercises and testing for tax systems, supporting ongoing tax software project initiatives and establishing and maintaining relationships with key internal & external customers. This position will help ensure that NextEra Energy, Inc. remains "Best in Class" with regard to the quality and efficiency of our tax process.
Working under the supervision of the Director of Tax Process and Technology, this position will be responsible for supporting the Tax department with their technology. The successful candidate will work closely with multiple business units within the organization in order to ensure a full understanding of entire Tax department needs. Candidate will also be liaising with multiple stakeholders- tax professionals, IT teams and the software vendors. In addition, the candidate will assist the Tax Department personnel with day-to-day operation of tax technology platforms.
• Extended Hours may be necessary
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting or tax
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or information management is preferred with a CPA or advanced degree a plus
- Tax and ERP software such as OneSource Tax Provision, OneSource State Apportionment, Corptax and SAP
- Microsoft Suite including Excel, Access, Sharepoint, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience in corporate tax compliance and/or tax accounting
- Project management or Six Sigma skills to facilitate excellent execution in tax projects is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, decision making, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Aptitude to learn technologies being introduced or developed within the company including software products such as PowerPivot and SAP Business Objects
High School Grad / GED: Required; Bachelor's - Acct /FinanceRequired Experience: 5 years;
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelor's - Acct / Finance:Required;Experience:5 years;