Revenue Accountant must be able to record oil, gas, and NGL's revenue in a timely and accurate manner to ensure correct. Reconciliation of all GL accounts related to revenue bookings. Insure the timely and accurate calculation and recording of payments.
The selected candidate will assist in refining systems and developing procedures necessary to track, verify, report and account for the product revenues of a fast-paced, non-operator with a presence in multiple plays. This person will interact closely with other company disciplines, including those outside the financial arena, and as such, excellent communication skills are a must.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Generate monthly volumetric Excalibur load file and reconcile volumes.
- Accurate and timely bookings and reporting of revenues.
- Validate production data; verification of pricing.
- Analyze sales volume determinations, meter volume data.
- Support Regulatory and ONRR reporting requirements and inquiries as needed.
- Prepare assigned account reconciliations (revenue, royalty, expenses, and receivables).
- Prepare revenue-related journal entries.
- Process various types of invoices for payment, including transportation and cash out invoices.
- Assist in internal / external audits and take part in special projects as necessary.
- Follow all internal audit/SOX controls established for revenue accounting.
- Additional duties as assigned, including potential simultaneous multiple projects .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior revenue recognition experience in a fast paced organization required.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel (pivot tables/lookup function) required.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word preferred.
- High attention towards detail and accounting analysis.
- Working knowledge of Excalibur preferred.
- Working knowledge of Procount, eVIN and Carte preferred.
- General knowledge of revenue distribution process required
- Working knowledge of plant and pipeline statements required
- Working knowledge of gas balancing and pricing preferred
- Self-motivated, self-driven and with willingness to work in challenging environments.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work effectively as a member of a team.
- Flexible with changing priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Preferred
- 7 years' experience with Oil and Gas industry
- Strong technical U.S. GAAP accounting knowledge
- Experience with SOX 404 compliance
- Knowledge of best practices in internal controls
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Excalibur knowledge preferred.
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelor's - Acct / Finance:Required;Experience:5 years;