PGD Senior Cyber Security Engineer
NextEra Energy (NEE) is seeking an experienced individual to be part of the Engineering & Technical Services (E&TS) team that provides technical support in the area of cyber security and NERC CIP compliance for the non-Nuclear Generating Fleet. Position will report to a Cyber Security Team Leader, under the Controls Fleet Team, and will reside in Juno Beach, Florida. Individual would provide cyber security support for the development of network & control system solutions, site troubleshooting, response to cyber events and life cycle projects. Position Description
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Provide cyber security support to the Power Generation Division (PGD)
- Develop/Maintain PGD cyber security processes and procedures
- Participation in the development of cyber security solutions to meet corporate standards and/or NERC CIP standards
- Troubleshoot PGD cyber security issues
- Lead/Support cyber security improvement and Life cycle projects
- Preparation of documentation in support of audits and maintaining compliance of PGD Sites in the area of the Corporate and/or NERC CIP Regulations
Preferred Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science and minimum 6 years of experience in Information Security, Internal Auditing, Regulatory Compliance or Engineering.
- Understanding of security principles and good knowledge of cyber security technologies
- Understanding of network architecture and topologies
- Ability to perform on-line monitoring and troubleshooting of cyber security problems.
- Fundamental knowledge of Firewall security
- Working knowledge and understanding of NERC CIP regulatory standards and processes
- General knowledge of a typical Distributive Control System (DCS).
- Due to the 24 hour, 7 day per week nature of power generation, night, weekend, and holiday support via telephone or call-out, may be required.
- Travel to sites throughout the United States averages about 30%.
- 2 years of experience with project management
- Professional Engineer (PE) Certification
- Ability to troubleshoot Network Switches and Routers on a Plant Control and Process Data Networks
- Knowledge of the latest standard practices for communication protocols and browser technologies
- Knowledge of third party datalink protocols (Modbus, DNP, ABPLC, etc), that interface to the DCS Control System.
- Six Sigma Certification; Green Belt or higher.
- System audit skills and/or information security experience (certifications)
Technical / Functional Excellence:New/Learning;Quality Tools & Techniques:Competent;Effective Written Communications:Competent;Effective Verbal Communications:Competent;High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelor's - Engineering:Required;Safety Policy and Practice:Competent;Experience:5 years;