: Under general direction, responsible for maintaining and installing electronic equipment used for telecommunications including Fiber optic transmissions equipment, lightwave multiplexing equipment, digital multiplexers, channel banks, circuit termination equipment, DC power equipment Responsibilities
- Must be able to install equipment ( Fiber optic transmissions equipment, lightwave multiplexing equipment, digital multiplexers, channel banks, circuit termination equipment, DC power equipment) in support of network and customer requirements, maintains site security and cleanliness.
- Oversees contractors to help maintain, repair and restore various portions of the network, e.g. Generators, HVAC, DC power plant and fiber optic cable and duct.
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems, remove and replace defective modules, track spares and ensure repair, perform preventative maintenance checks of electronic equipment, maintain battery plant as built drawings and documentation.
- Must have a working knowledge of personal computers and common software.
- Must have solid Sonet and Ethernet systems knowledge.
- Knowledge and history of OTDR testing and splicing of fiber optic cables is a plus.
- Typically requires 2-5 years of field experience.
High School Grad / GED:Required;Experience:2 years;