Primarily supporting NextEra Energy Partners. Advise Resources' business operations and new business development efforts related to all tax matters, including:
- Optimizing acquisition structures for tax purposes while meeting business objectives
- Conducting thorough due diligence for acquisitions and new project development
- Developing and leading opportunities to minimize taxes for both existing and new operations
- Leading tax aspects of deal and project valuation modeling efforts, financings and contract structuring
- Influencing tax policy at federal and state levels
- Researching federal, state and local tax matters
- Providing outstanding service through partnering and close communication with internal customers
- Identifying opportunities for process and work product improvements, and supporting efforts to affect change.
Business Development - Provide leadership, in close coordination with NextEra business developers, to structure new acquisitions and business development opportunities in all types of energy technologies, including wind and solar energy. Support due diligence efforts on acquisitions.
Operational Support - Proactively communicate directly with business managers regarding financial effects of key transactions, operations, new projects, and the effect of legislative changes on current operations.
Project Valuation - Provide tax subject matter expertise as a key member of the team responsible for developing economic valuation models for acquisitions, new projects and financing transactions.
Tax Policy, Tax Minimization and Tax Research - Proactively and independently consider tax policy changes that will benefit business operations, develop and implement strategies to realize benefits.
Required - 7 or more years of related experience required. Bachelor's degree required, preferred degree in Tax, Accounting and/or Finance. Will also consider 5 or more years tax related experience, with a designation as a CPA or JD/LLM in Taxation.
Preferred - It is preferred, but not required that the candidate have:
- Energy industry experience.
- Big 4 public accounting experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance attributes and competencies:
- problem solver - proactive thinker with practical solutions, risk-minded, and orientation to be tightly linked to business strategies and financial priorities
- professional skills - strong interpersonal skills, builds and nurtures cross functional relationships, respects others, is tactfully assertive, has a bias for action, and follows through to completion
- customer service oriented - proactively manages internal customer relationships, identifies gaps in service and manages resources to meet or exceed expectations, sets high standards and expects high performance of self, tightly linked to and supports the priorities of the business
- integrity - strong ethic to comply with legal, regulatory, and company rules and policies
- project management - strong planning and organizational skills, accepts ownership of and accountability for tasks, self-starter, self-directs personal work efforts, and quality process minded
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelor's Degree:Required;Experience:7 years;