Job Description: Cable Splicer will be expected to perform all associated tasks with the construction and maintenance of all underground facilities. Must be able to trouble shoot and repair all underground distribution circuits and equipment. Cable Splicer may work alone or be assigned to work with other Splicers or lower classifications without direct supervision. Will be expected to safely perform all distribution underground switching and where needed overhead switching. Will be required to work in inclement weather for extended hours, may be required to travel throughout the system in cases of emergencies, storms, to restore the system. Will be responsible for all assigned work being done in accordance with all company design standards, work methods and safe work practices. Will be required to prepare all job associated paperwork and be comfortable with embracing new technology in the utility field.
Required minimum qualifications:
**THIS POSITION MAY BE FILLED ANYWHERE WITHIN FPL'S SERVICE TERRITORY IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA AND FOR ANY SHIFT **
- Must have satisfactorily completed a Cable Splicer accredited apprenticeship program from a recognized and certified utility, contractor or school and be able to provide a verifiable certification of completion OR must have held the Cable Splicer classification at Florida Power & Light for a minimum of one year.
- Must have a minimum of two years of verifiable work experience as a Certified Cable Splicer.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient in constructing splices and terminations on PILC - Paper Insulated Lead Covered cable, URD - Poly Crosslink Insulated cable & EPR - Ethylene Propylene cable up to 23 KV.
- Must be able to operate aerial devices.
- Must be physically able to do all assigned tasks.
- Must be able to work in direct sunlight or at night.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL.
- Must be able to demonstrate that they can follow all OSHA Federal Register work requirements as pertaining to the trade.
- Must be able to work in below grade vaults and manholes.
- Manhole Rescue Certification
Commercial Driver's License:Yes;