Participates in a development program that, upon successful completion, results in the assignment as an Operations Unit Supervisor. The program includes developing supervisory critical skills in instruction, observation and facilitative critiquing. It also includes completing the existing Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) training program, successfully passing the NRC SRO license exam and completing the Control Room Supervisor Training program.
The program also includes the following requirements: Relevant experience and training for the Operations Unit Supervisor - License Class to develop skills in planning, organizing, directing and controlling shift operations. Developing up-to-date knowledge of allowed plant operation conditions and limitations established by technical specifications and the plant operating license. Practice working as an Operations Unit Supervisor under instruction and function in a supervisory capacity when assigned.
The Operation Unit Supervisor (Trainee) must make satisfactory progress in preparation for passing the NRC SRO exam and program completion. Promotion to Operations Unit Supervisor is contingent upon recommendation from the Operations Director, based upon demonstrated competency in the position once licensed. An Operations Unit Supervisor is the first line supervisor in the Operations group at the site. The Operations group will periodically assign an Operations Unit Supervisor to the Training group on a rotational assignment. This practice may eventually include other groups such as Engineering and Maintenance. Operations group management will make Control Room Supervisor and Unit Supervisor - License Class assignments based upon site needs. Operations group management will also assign the Unit Supervisor - License Class to the training group while the program is being completed. The Operations Training Coordinator will direct and supervise the Unit Supervisor - License Class in the completion of the program.
Specific Description: Successful candidates will be placed in the Initial License Class and will be responsible for successfully completing site's Senior Reactor Operator License/Shift Technical Advisor training programs in preparation for assuming responsibility in the following areas: N Operations Unit Supervisor or Shift Technical Advisor.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related discipline desired.
- Supervisor - License Class should have four (4) years of responsible power plant experience of which a minimum of two (2) years shall be nuclear plant experience and have at least six (6) months of responsible site specific power plant experience prior to entering the training program.
- N Operations Unit Supervisor - License Class employees are required to pass the SRO class as a condition of employment.
- Outstanding leadership skills needed, including superior coaching, strong communication and excellent personnel performance management and development skills, along with the ability to balance personnel and plant needs.
- This skill set must also include superior organizational planning and execution skills and an excellent detail-oriented technical aptitude in electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- All candidates will be compared to ACAD xxxxxxx(Guidelines for initial Training and Qualification of Licensed Operators) prior to entry into a Licensed Operator Program
High School Grad / GED:Required;Experience:4 years;