Deliver integrated systems training to instruct employees in plant operations and prepare them for field or control room watch standing. Prepare employees for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) initial and requalification operator and senior operator licensing examinations. Participate in the design and development of operator training in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements. Design, develop, implement and present integrated systems training and initial operator and requalification training programs; effectively operates the simulator and classroom display instruction system according to Training procedures. Develop, administer, evaluate and record written and oral examinations to include simulator and plant observation, assess operator candidate knowledge of controls and systems. Revise instructional materials to reflect changes in plant design, current plant practices, regulations, and/or operating philosophies. May provide direction to less experienced instructors and function as program lead. Must maintain a senior reactor operator certification or license for the site where instruction duties are being performed. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., Math, Physical Sciences specialty, Engineering) or equivalent education and/or experience is required.
- In absence of bachelors degree, high school diploma/GED is required.
- Current or previously held SRO license or certification required.
- Eight (8 ) or more years of related industry experience required OR eight (8 ) or more years of nuclear operations training experience is required.
- Current or previously held BWR SRO license or certification highly preferred.
- Candidate is expected to complete SRO/Instructor certification within 12 months of hire.
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Exp:Required;Experience:8 years;Senior Reactor Operator Certification:Yes;