Engineer I - Nuclear (Integrated Supply Chain Technical Services - Procurement Engineering)Position Specific Description Summary
This position performs engineering tasks that require extensive analysis of alternatives and includes responsibilities for technical decisions associated with projects to support the business plan. Produces optimum design and test reports which result in improved performance at least cost.
This position is located at the Corporate Procurement Engineering and Dedication (CPED) facility in West Palm Beach and is focused on the Electrical and Instrument & Controls disciplines. Prior attendance at the EPRI Nuclear Utility Procurement Training is a plus. Demonstration of proficiency or ability to learn automated purchasing and materials management computer systems is required. Procurement engineering responsibilities are discussed below. Key responsibilities include
- Establish safety basis and design test plans for nuclear components.
- Prepare procurement engineering evaluations and reviews including classifications, commercial grade dedications, item equivalency evaluations and material analysis wherever possible and appropriate.
- Understand procurement concepts and techniques and ensures that all materials and services are procured in accordance with the design basis for the plant and that they meet all technical and quality requirements.
- Ensure procurement engineering documents have high standards related to technical and quality information supporting proper procurement and cost savings where appropriate
- Ensure procurement engineering maintains plant configuration control utilizing or initiating appropriate change document (item equivalency or design change)
- Support procurement programs and procedures appropriate to a fleet wide standardized procurement engineering program
- Support Nuclear' s corrective action program
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering required
- Master's Engineering or other Sciences desirable
- Minimum of 1 year as an Engineer II or 4 years related experience
- PE preferred, substitute for Bachelor of Science
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in technical writing
- Maintenance and testing of digital component experience
- Maintenance and testing of large circuit breaker and control systems experience
- Familiarity and ability to use INDUS Passport/Ventyx Asset Suite
- Direct Nuclear Procurement Engineering experience
Note: Job descriptions listed may include other miscellaneous duties as assigned and are subject to change at management's discretion.
Certified Professional Engineer (PE):Yes;
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelor's - Engineering:Required;Experience:5 years;