Job Purpose: Entry level position in the Fleet Performance and Diagnostic Center (FPDC), which serves as the operations center of NextEra Energy Resources' wind and PV solar fleet. Primary (Essential) Job Functions: (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.) Responsible for passing qualification exam within three months of start date as an FPDC Operator.
- Executes all critical FPDC Operations processes, including, but not limited to, plant Start-Up/Shutdown (Curtailment), Daily Work Management (troubleshooting and outage restoration), and Energy Market Communications.
- Ensures control room compliance with all relevant regulatory compliance requirements. Daily execution of procedures and interpretation of trends and drawings.
- Requires ability to learn and operate new and existing systems.
- Effectively communicates major events such as unit outages, environmental events, security events, and others to external entities, executive management, and key support groups.
- Position follows a 12-hour rotating shift that requires candidate to work nights, weekends, and some holidays. Position also requires occasional overtime.
- Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements
- Ability to work extended hours
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Proficient in MS Office Suite; exposure to statistical tools and techniques.
Position follows a 12-hour rotating shift that requires candidate to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in Engineering; or Associates Degree in a related field with some relevant experience; or equivalent of 3 years of experience in a related field. Minimum 3.0 GPA
High School Grad / GED:Required;Associates Degree or Equivalent Work Exp:Required;Experience:0 years;