Senior NERC Compliance Consultant
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Senior NERC Compliance Consultant with specific experience in reliability standards implementation and support. The ideal candidate will have ten years of experience with audits, gap analysis, development of programs and procedures, and mitigation strategies and experience as a consultant.
Position responsibilities include:
• Support clients in compliance with reliability standards.
• Prepare any documents required in compliance with reliability standards.
• Perform mock audits, gap analysis, and related consulting activities.
• Develop programs, procedures, methodologies, and transmission planning procedures.
• Advise senior leadership on process improvements necessary to maintain NERC compliance
• Implementation, risk mitigation efforts, and communication of relevant information to the organization.
• Support clients with self-certifications and self-reporting.
• Experience with compliance exception process
• Implementation of corrective action, including mitigation plans
• Proactively identify and advise clients on pending or propose compliance issues.
• Researches and addresses regulatory compliance issues and inquiries.
• Interacts with electric utility clients on compliance related issues.
• Collaborate and advise with team members across the operation regarding regulatory
compliance matters and investigations
• Participate in the development of appropriate compliance training program.
• Prepare reports to senior management and/or auditors.
• Participate in industry meetings and conferences, as-required
• Review and track NERC documentation for acquisitions
• Support the team with business development activitiesQualifications:
• Minimum of 7+ year's prior regulatory compliance experience or equivalent amount of operational experience with compliance responsibilities
• Extensive knowledge and experience with most NERC reliability standards including standards in development.
• Specific experience in an audit environment with interface with regional enforcement agency auditors, either as an auditor or as an owner/owners representative.
• A large personal network of compliance personnel and peers in the industry.
• BS or BA Degree Required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Travel time required 30-40%
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit xxxxxxx. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.