Project Manager -Lisle IL
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Project Manager for electric transmission, substation, and distribution infrastructure projects working out of either our Lisle or downtown Chicago IL offices. He/she will work in a team atmosphere and will be responsible for:
• Manage various sized projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities
• Project management duties include ensuring that all assigned projects are accomplished within scope, time, and budget constraints.
• Interface and communicate with clients, internal project teams, multiple engineering disciplines, functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
• Participate in proposal development efforts including scope, schedule and budget development.
• Leverage existing contacts to enhance and increase business development
• Write comprehensive and technical and project reports Qualifications:
Excellent project management skills, a PMP Certification is preferred
• Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects
• Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Economics required with an additional 4 - 8 years' of relevant Project Management experience or a Masters with 2 - 6 years of relevant Project Management experience
• Familiarity with electric power industry
• Knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services
• Periodic travel is required.Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company�s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit xxxxxxx. The company�s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.