Transmission Planning Engineer---Orlando FL
Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are seeking a Transmission Planning Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Energy & Systems Solutions, and who will provide transmission planning consulting services as both an engineer and as a project manager as client needs dictate. This position will contribute to the expansion of an established and well respected Transmission Planning consulting practice.
• Perform complex transmission planning studies both independently and as a team member
• Mentor more junior team members who are involved with similar studies for a variety of clients such as: Municipal Utilities, Investor Owned Utilities, and Regional Planning organizations such as ISO's and RTO's, as well as providing transmission consulting services for Developer and Independent Power Producer Clients.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert for selected NERC Reliability Standards in support of Leidos' NERC compliance practice.
• Responsible for providing consulting services Transmission Planning and in-depth analysis
• Participate in business development activities: both building and maintaining client relationships, as well as assist with expanding the current client base. This position has a significant growth and career development potential Qualifications:
• Bachelors of Science Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is required and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
• The candidate should possess solid understanding of power system analysis concepts, including: load flow, stability, short circuit and electromagnetic transients, including knowledge of various power system theories and limitations.
• Experience with common industry accepted analytical tools such as PSS/E, PSLF, ASPEN, CAPE, EMTP and PSCAD are highly desirable. The candidate must be experienced and capable of functioning both as a team member and at times in a project leadership role in transmission studies.
• Knowledge of transmission policy and regulatory issues is desired examples include: experience with FERC Open Access Transmission Tariff, NERC reliability standards, Generator Interconnection Procedures (LGIP and SGIP) and associated study practices.
• Professional Engineering license preferred
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communications skills
• Detail oriented
• Remarkable problem solver in both team and independent environments
• Willingness to travel to project and/or client sitesLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit xxxxxxx. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.