Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Lead Distribution Engineer in Novi, MI with a minimum of 8-12 years of distribution design engineering experience.
The candidate must have a strong background in utility distribution design work package development including, but not limited to overhead, URD, re-conductoring and asset replacement projects, and underground cable/conduit. Design experience must include complex overhead and underground distribution projects in urban and rural environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, field engineering of project requirements, identification of conflicting utilities, engineering and design calculations, and work permit development. Candidate must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget.
This position will be the lead member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians and will work as the functional work leader for the team. Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university/college in an engineering field required.
• Minimum of 8-12 years of experience with electric utility distribution design and/or construction projects
• PE license preferred.
• Ability to follow prescribed standards and procedures.
• Ability to work with multiple clients and other agencies in connection with project design responsibilities.
• Have demonstrated leadership and technical capability to perform to job responsibilities
• Ability to work effectively in teams
• Ability to communicate well with team members and clients
• Candidates with experience that exceeds beyond the listed requirements may be considered at a higher level within the job hierarchy
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company�s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit xxxxxxx. The company�s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.