Leidos Energy & Systems Solutions is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for an Associate Distribution Engineer in Battle Creek, MI. This Associate Distribution Engineer will perform field inspections, develop project design drawings, material lists, and cost estimates for electrical power delivery ranging from 4.8kV to 14.4kV.
The successful candidate will support the following activities:
1) Travel to sites as needed, perform inspections and return to the office to perform engineering design work.
2) Perform engineering calculations such as: structural analysis for wood pole loading, guying calculations, specifying conductor sags and tensions for recommended spans, and calculation of voltage drop and flicker.
3) Coordinate with permit agencies, right-of-way specialists, system owners, field leaders, forestry leaders, and 3rd party owners for joint-owned poles.
4) Provide engineering support during construction, including post-construction reviews to ensure all applicable engineering and construction standards have been met.
5) Conduct root cause analysis of outages and mitigation using engineering principles and design. Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering from a four-year ABET accredited college or university
• 0-2 years of utility distribution experience or relevant coursework
• Must have a thorough understanding of NESC Standards, PUC Standards, and Client Standards
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Willingness to perform both field and office work. Overnight travel may be required (10-20% travel)
• Ability to work in outdoor environments
• Ability to utilize personal vehicle
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit xxxxxxx. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.