Protection and Control / Relay-Settings Engineer --Framingham MA
Leidos Energy & Systems Solutions is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have a mid-level opportunity for a Protection & Control /Relay-Settings Engineer with an emphasis on transmission protective relay settings and the associated studies. This position is member of dynamic team of Power Delivery engineers within our Energy & Systems Solutions operation.
• Solving challenging electric utility scale substation engineering problems.
• Directing design engineers and performing quality reviews.
• Working directly with clients as well as working with other staff in remote office locations.
• Responsible for assignments and projects will cover the full range of project planning, analysis, through design and construction support: working both independently and also as a team member
• Reviewing and the work of lower level technical staff
• Preparation of relay settings from 4.16kV through 500kV including relay set-points, logic, configuration files and documentation.
• Preparation of protective relay coordination written studiesQualifications:
• Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience with high voltage electrical utility system protection and control engineering and experience
• Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) with an advanced degree a plus
• Capable of using Aspen OneLiner and/or Electrocon CAPE for coordination studies and fault study analysis.
• Experience preparing outstanding written technical reports with in-depth applicable content
• Experience with development of relay settings for microprocessor relays including: SEL, Alstom, GE, ABB and others. For both transmission line relays (Line Differential, Step Distance and Pilot Schemes) and substation relays (Capacitors, Transformers and buses)
• Being familiar with Schweitzer AcSELerator QuickSet, General Electric EnerVista and Schneider Electric MiCOM software is a plus
• Strong engineering and interpersonal skills and high attention to detail with a passion for quality.
• Experience implementing control and protection schemes including interpreting schematics and wiring diagrams and preparing relay logic to complete the schemes.
• PE license preferred
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
• Team player who can work effectively in team environment
• Self-starter who will work independently with minimal direction
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
• High level of computer competency
• The following are additional skills that are considered a plus:
*Familiarity with PTC MathCAD software
*Previous Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience
• Periodic travel may be requiredLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit xxxxxxx. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.