Senior Financial Utility Consultant
Leidos fuses technological excellence with decades of operational and management consulting expertise, providing utilities with engineering and advisory services that deliver tangible and meaningful business results. Our expertise in each facet of utility operations is strengthened not only by the skill and experience of our staff, but also by the breadth of our collective capabilities. This perspective allows our experts to frame technological solutions within the business context and incorporate and leverage advanced technologies to meet utilities' challenges and unlock opportunity.
Leidos is currently seeking a senior-level energy industry consultant to provide Utility Planning and Consulting services as part of our Energy Solutions Operation. Location can be flexible depending on the individual candidates identified. Preferred geographic areas of location include: Denver, CO; Nashville, TN; Orlando, FL, and; Sacramento, CA. Successful candidates will be part of a team that provides a variety of high-end consulting services to leading energy-related organizations (including utilities, energy development companies, government organizations, financial organizations, and equipment suppliers) across the full spectrum of their activities, from defining and deploying strategy to regulatory analysis and support to operational review and implementation.
A successful candidate will have experience in the industry that can lead to development of business opportunities and will provide and lead a variety of detail oriented, high-value-added analysis and consulting services to a variety of utility organizations, particularly pertaining to the financial operation and management of those utilities.
Representative services and activities that successful candidates may be engaged in include:
- Financial analysis and modeling for utilities including rate studies, cost-of-service analyses, impact fee analyses, retail rate design, depreciation studies, utility appraisal and valuation studies, asset management evaluations, and a variety of economic analyses
- Detailed spreadsheet modeling analysis of utility finances
- Debt and equity financing support
- RTO and FERC tariff analyses and support
- Development and statistical and mathematical modeling of business cases and future-state scenarios
- Organizational, financial and operational assessments of client operations
- Assessment of industry leading practices as they relate to specific client needs
- Assessment of regulatory and legislative issues relevant to the electric energy industry and development of consulting engagements to assist clients in managing risk and opportunity around those issues
- Analysis, development, and delivery of expert testimony and/or regulatory support services
- Sales of consulting services to current and potential clients utilizing deep industry understanding, knowledge of existing clients, and personal contacts and relationships in the industry
- Direct interaction with clients at a high management level, including interpersonal interaction and presentation of information
- Project management, including development of scope, schedule and budget
- Baccalaureate in engineering, finance, economics or a related field at an accredited university, advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of experience in financial analyses related to utility planning, operations, financing, valuation, and regulation
- Ability to work both independently and in a team atmosphere
- Ability to manage project teams in the prosecution of client assignments and drive results to develop high-value-added products of the highest level of quality under tight time constraints
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities without diminished effectiveness
- Understanding of industry issues and trends and demonstrated ability to explain and assess how those issues impact industry participants
- Outstanding analytical and technical writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to varied audiences
- Ability to travel and work overtime hours as needed
- Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and slide presentation software
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company�s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit xxxxxxx. The company�s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.