Leidos Engineering, LLC offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly- and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are seeking an Distribution Designer with a minimum of 2+ years of experience in an investor-owned utility and/or utility consulting company involved with design engineering. The candidate must have a background in electric utility distribution design work package development including, but not limited to overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit design work packages or have an associate degree in engineering technology. Additional experience in electric utility distribution construction and/or construction supervision is beneficial. This design experience should include design experience for cable/conduit projects in dense urban environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, field engineering of project requirements, identification of conflicting utilities, engineering and design calculations, and work permit development. Candidate must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget. This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians. This position requires excellent oral and written communications skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Qualifications:
• An associate degree in engineering technology. High School diploma and 3 additional years of experience with cable/conduit design and/or construction projects will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of 2+ years of experience with cable/conduit design and/or construction projects.
• 2+ years of experience with MicroStation (3D)
• Strong analytical and technical writing skills
• Team player with ability to communicate with clients and staff
• Experience with Detroit Edison's design standards is preferred.
- Candidates with experience that exceeds beyond the listed requirements may be considered at a higher level within the job hierarchy.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company�s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit xxxxxxx. The company�s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.