Leidos' Energy, Environment & Infrastructure continues to expand its operations, and seeks a highly motivated, customer-oriented CADD Drafter-Designer to join the team in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. This is a strategically important position that will have a large impact on an already successful organization.
The successful candidate will perform various CADD functions using Autodesk and Bentley software. Duties include 3d modeling, detailing, designing, updating, and printing of drawing files, in addition to revising existing 2d drawings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work closely with multiple engineers & designers to perform drafting of accurate drawing packages for utility power delivery projects including:
a. Electrical: Single-line diagrams and three-line diagrams, grounding plans, wiring, schematics, and AC/DC wiring systems.
b. Physical: Plan view and elevation/section drawings, layouts for conduit and troughing, control building layouts and structural/electrical details.
2. Draft in AutoCAD and/or Microstation environments as well as Inventor, Bentley Substation and Promise
3. Plot, Batch Plot, Scan and issue project drawing and documentation packages.
4. Support multiple project and client deadlines and deliverables. Qualifications:
• Knowledge of drafting principles, techniques and procedures.
• Manipulate vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and Microstation.
• Experience desired with Inventor and Bentley Substation & Promise
• Ability to draft and design drawings from engineer provided markups.
• Proficient within Windows XP/VISTA/7 operating system environments.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, Outlook
• Knowledge of VBA, AutoLisp would be a plus
• Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools.
• Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
• Excellent file management skills, highly organized and efficient.
• Ability to operate in a fast paced engineering/production environment
• High level of attention to detail.
• Associated Degree in drafting and Design Technology, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 1+ years drafting experience and a minimum of two years experience with AutoCAD Release 2007 and/or Microstation V7/8 or above
• Experience in electrical services is preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company�s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit xxxxxxx. The company�s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.