Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas.
Head (f/m) of Public Affairs CEU - Hamburg
Group Marketing, Communication & Public Affairs - Vestas Central Europe
The regional Marketing, Communications and Public Affairs Department (MCPA) holds responsibility for all communication, marketing, and public affairs activities in the Central Europe Region. Next to the European markets, the region also comprises Southern and Eastern Africa and the CIS countries. Being organized in a matrix structure, the position will closely align with the Global Marketing and Public Affairs Department. MCPA in Central Europe works closely with the sales and business development teams in the different countries to position Vestas towards customers and stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will cover an exciting and wide range of public affairs tasks throughout the Vestas Central Europe (CEU) markets, with a strong focus on the German market.
As Policy Specialist / Head of Public Affairs CEU you will primarily be responsible for safeguarding and promoting Vestas interests in CEU towards politicians, ministries and policy makers. Furthermore, you will lead all lobbying activities in key CEU markets in close collaboration with regional sales teams.
- Public Affairs Strategy: define Vestas` position on new regulatory developments and develop and execute public affairs strategies and campaigns in Germany and other key markets in the region
- Outline Vestas' position: Prepare external briefings for politicians and officials, and respond to public consultations, to outline Vestas' position where necessary - if possible jointly with customers. Actively use national and local media to drive policy issues. Represent Vestas and speak at conferences
- Build relationships with politicians: Maintain strong relationships with key politicians and officials in Germany and key CEU countries
- Sales and customer support: Ensure clear understanding of Vestas' business needs. Maintain strong relationship with customers. Integrate policy discussions into sales meetings wherever appropriate
- Political and regulatory intelligence: Monitor current and analyze expected future policy and regulatory developments relevant to the wind industry in key CEU markets and communicate relevant findings internally
- Represent Vestas within key associations and other relevant interest groups (e.g. relevant committees / working groups)
- Support marketing and communication activities in the MCPA team in Central Europe if required
Qualifications and work experience:
- Several years of work experience in the field of public affairs
- Experience in the energy sector is an advantage.
- Proven track record of public affairs work in Germany
- Strong political network in Germany and preferably also in other CEU countries
- Ability to think and plan strategically and act accordingly
- Good business acumen - ability to link public affairs activities and business needs
- Good social and networking skills
- Ability to present yourself professionally and confidently in large groups
- Superior written and oral skills in English and German - Russian would be a plus
- Relevant postgraduate degree (e.g. law, social sciences, political science, business administration, etc.).
- Willingness to travel
What we offer:
You will be offered a unique career opportunity in an exciting business with challenging and demanding tasks. Moreover, you will join a team of highly skilled colleagues with different backgrounds and you will work closely together with the global organization. You will have the possibility for strong personal development.
Please apply Online.
Primary work location is Hamburg with regular presence in Berlin.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.