Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a fast growing industry? Vestas is growing into new markets and we are looking for individuals with strong analytical skills and business acumen within supply chain to help manage new opportunities within our Global Procurement department.
Vestas Global Procurement
Towers, Castings & Raw Materials, Fibres & Chemicals
We are looking for an experienced Purchaser, who mainly will work with specific sourcing and procurement activities related to direct materials for Vestas manufacturing WTG blades and nacelles. Key focus will be on specific sourcing and procurement activities related to regionalize/localize materials. For example - plastic parts, glass fiber, resin, paint, finished composite parts and core material. As Purchaser you will play a key role in supporting the Category Managers in both the implementation of strategic initiatives and taking care of the on-going business.
- Support the development and implementation of Category Strategies and Plans
- Lead regional supplier search and qualification as well as taking part in the Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP).
- Drive RFIs, RFQ and tendering processes toward the supply market.
- Negotiate and create supplier agreements (NDA's, Purchase, Logistics and Price agreements).
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price and create cost break down and target cost for selected products.
- Support and conduct annual price negotiations with suppliers.
- Follow up on supplier plans, activities and performance.
- Provide input to new product development projects.
- Build and execute pipeline of cost out ideas in collaboration with member of our category teams.
- Update systems with contract information and administer drawing specification to suppliers.
- Consult with vendors to obtain product information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Maintaining procurement records such as items purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable products or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Strategic development of key suppliers related to the manufacturing of Wind Turbine Blades & Nacelles.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Commerce or Supply Chain Management.
- 5 years of work experience within Strategic Purchasing preferred.
- Experience within sourcing of composite materials, composites and/or metals as well as reading and interpreting basic print information (engineering drawings).
- Advanced proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, expert proficiency in drafting business correspondence.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires strong attention to details and ability to deliver good customer service.
- Assertive, professional, diplomatic, able to prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to act independently and exercise judgment and discretion within the scope of the position.
- Problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to partner with various stakeholders to effectively manage projects across functions and geographies in required.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of data.
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Proven analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to identify problems and systematically gather data, identify root causes and address data integrity issues.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Colorado
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more the 51,000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of the total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.