Senior Scheduler / Planner
As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Responsible for comprehensive understanding and application of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards. Will perform work of complex scope. Works under general supervision while participating in setting assignment objectives; work is reviewed for adequacy on completion. Represents the organization by interacting with internal and external personnel on significant matters.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Review P6 inputs from external sources such as contractor and A&E files
• Receive and input status and earned value information into P6 projects
• Using activity codes, WBS, and other data methods create layouts and run reports from P6
• Using MS Office 2010 or later to create reports and initial data summaries
• Review data to determine causes of variances related to projects on the program
• Modify and maintain the integrity of the P6 project structure and reports
• Work with project teams to verify baselines and support change management
• Update client systems with P6 data via flat files and other methods.
This position is located in Arlington , Virginia.
- Bachelors of Arts or Sciences or related experience is required
- Experience working with MS Project, Primavera P6 or Deltek Open Plan required
- Attention to detail and ability to keep company information confidential related to pricing details.
- 8+ years related experience minimum, more is a plus.
- Strong user skills with Excel and Power Point are required
- Pivot tables, Lookup, subtotal, sum, product, and similar data summarizing function.
- Good listening, writing and communication skills
- Able to present data to supervisors in an organized fashion.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.